Sunday, February 10, 2013

(re) Capturing

Six years ago, if asked to describe myself one of the first things on my list would have been "photographer".  I always carried my trusty (and boxy) HP camera in my pocket and was never shy to snap a few dozen pictures of anything and everything that caught my eye.


 I don't really know why I stopped - part of what happened is I started to only take pictures of my children and our dogs - there was no more random quirkiness to my images.  Then one of the kids busted my camera.  Then another kid (or maybe the same one) busted my replacement camera.



Anyway, I miss it greatly... and the photos always gave inspiration for something to blog about when nothing could be found elsewhere.




It's with this in mind that I'll be purchasing a new pocket camera with my year-end bonus from work and I'll carry that camera around 24/7.  And this time only three quarters of the pictures taken will be kids and dogs - the rest will wind up here on this blog accompanied by true tales of high adventure.

It should be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment